Der Artikel Agile Methods. The bottom Line.
erklärt, warum Agile Methoden notwendig sind bzw. welchen Sinn sie haben:
- The bottom line for agile methods is that they provide the data that makes managing software projects possible. They allow a software project to be managed like a business.
- No real data comes out of the project, and so there is no way to make any management decisions.
- The reality of Agile methods like Extreme Programming (Especially Extreme Programming) is that they produce periodic reliable data about the progress of the project. They don't report progress on models.
- They regularly report verifiable and accurate data on implemented features.
- ... these reports come at least twice per month.